This afternoon I had my appointment with the dermatologist and ended up having 4 moles biopsied. I was surprised that it did not even hurt at all, at least not until the numbing wore off, then it was a different story. I had three removed on my back and one on the back of my neck. The one that was of most concern is being sent to several pathologists so unfortunately I will not know any results for another 7-10 days, but if there are in fact active cancer cells found they will then do a lymph node biopsy and start the staging process to see what stage of cancer it is. It feels so good to have these moles removed, one less thing to worry about :) As of right now I don't feel too worried about the results, I'm anxious to get the results, but I feel like I really might have caught it before anything could truly happen. Although the back and neck are tender areas it doesn't hurt as bad as I thought it would, it's more achey than anything. I'd rather get them removed and deal with a little discomfort than have to constantly worry that something is wrong. Well, I'm going to try to get a nice nap in before Landon returns from the grandparents'. As soon as I hear the results I will update my blog. Thanks for the prayers and for keeping me in your thoughts!
All my love, and gratitude,
Sarah
small serving bowls
4 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment